Thanksgiving Point’s Museum of Ancient Life Photo contest begins on September 1st, 2021 and ends on September 30th, 2021. By submitting an entry, each contestant agrees to the rules, terms and conditions of the contest.
Who may enter:
The Museum of Ancient Life photo contest is open to the general public; however, Thanksgiving Point team members and their immediate family are not eligible to win.
What to enter:
- All entries should be photographs taken at the Museum of Ancient Life.
- Each entrant certifies that he/she is the sole creator and copyright owner of the submitted photograph.
- Except for minor adjustments (such as cropping, dodging and burning, sharpening, contrast, toning, slight color adjustment or conversion to grayscale), digitally altered, enhanced, or composed photos will not be accepted.
- For a photo in which a person is recognizable, a model release from the subject or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or guardian, must be submitted with the photograph.
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person's rights, including but not limited to copyright, are not eligible.
- Photos that contain objectionable or inappropriate content, as determined by Thanksgiving Point at its sole discretion, will not be accepted.
How to Enter:
- Please submit photographs and requested information online through our website. We will not accept photographs submitted through the mail.
- High-quality scans of non-digital photographs are acceptable. Digital photographs should be taken at a resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher and must not exceed 10MB in size.
- You may submit up to 3 photographs. You must complete a separate entry form for each photo submitted.
- Thanksgiving Point may collect a photograph’s metadata upon entry.
- You retain the rights to your photograph; however, by entering the contest, you grant Thanksgiving Point Institute (and those authorized by Thanksgiving Point) a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, exhibition, and commercial products.
- Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. Thanksgiving Point will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
The contest begins on September 1st, 2021. All entries must be received through Thanksgiving Point.org by 5:00 PM Mountain Standard Time on September 30th, 2021.
Conditions of Entry:
- All entrants hold Thanksgiving Point Institute and their respective employees, interns, associates, and volunteers (the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against all claims of any nature arising in connection with entrant’s participation in the contest and acceptance or use of a prize.
- The Indemnified Parties are not liable for any costs, damages, injuries, or other claims incurred as a result of entrants’ participation in the contest or winner’s acceptance and usage of a prize.
- The Indemnified Parties are not responsible for incomplete or misdirected entries, technical or network malfunctions or failures, or causes beyond their control.
- Entrants are solely responsible for their entries. Entrants may not submit materials that introduce any software viruses, worms or other programs designed to damage software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or are off-topic, partisan-political, contain advertising, nudity, personal attacks or expletives, or is otherwise abusive, threatening, unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, obscene, false, sexually explicit, or that infringes on the rights of any third party.
- The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Thanksgiving Point Institute reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at its discretion.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the winners, Thanksgiving Point Institute reserves the right to award or not award the prizes in its sole discretion. Thanksgiving Point Institute reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose entry or conduct appears in any way to: inhibit the enjoyment of others; tamper with the competition; violate these rules or other applicable law or regulation; infringe on the rights of third parties; or act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Decisions of Thanksgiving Point Institute are final and binding.