JR. MASTER GARDENER
The Junior Master Gardener (JMG) program is a youth 4-H gardening program held at Thanksgiving Point. JMG engages students in hands-on group and individual learning experiences that provide a love of gardening, develop an appreciation for the environment, and cultivate the mind. Students will have the opportunity to participate in planting, care, and harvesting of the crops at Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point.
In JMG students will:
- Receive enrollment in 4-H
- Participate in classroom learning and hand-on activities
- Plant, care, and harvest the crops in the JMG garden at Farm Country
- Practice entrepreneurship and leadership skills through running a farm stand
- Have opportunities to participate in events like Harvest Festival and Maker Faire
- Get to help prepare and eat a classroom snack, oftentimes straight from the garden
- Receive a class t-shirt, water bottle and notebook
Youth will meet one Saturday a month from January to May, and then meet weekly on Fridays from June to August. Students will then meet for biweekly meetings in September and October. All class sessions will run from 9:30am-12pm and will be located at the Farm Country classroom unless otherwise noted. Youth who want to enroll must be in grades 2-5 for the current 2019/2020 school year.
Junior Master Gardener is sponsored by DoTerra.Register Now