We encourage guests to take snapshot photographs or video via phone or camera for personal use including social media. Please tag us #thankspoint or @thankspoint to share! Drones are not allowed on Thanksgiving Point property.
Please review all policies below before your next visit.
Snapshot photography is when a person uses a small handheld camera to quickly take informal, non-posed photographs to create memories of your Thanksgiving Point visit.
Snapshot photography does not include props, posed subjects, or special attire and is not for family pictures, milestone events, celebration announcements, commercial, revenue generation or gallery use.
Visitors are welcome to take snapshots for private use. Snapshots may be taken of the plants, gardens, or members of their group during their visit to Thanksgiving Point.
Snapshot photography is included with admission, no reservations are required.
PERSONAL USE PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION
NO UNAUTHORIZED PHOTOGRAPHY SESSIONS ARE ALLOWED ON THANKSGIVING POINT PROPERTY AT ANY TIME.
A photography session is an event where a photographer/videographer (either amateur or professional using any device including mobile phones) takes a series of photographs of a posed subject(s) using any part of Thanksgiving Point property as a backdrop. A photography session allows the photographer to spend prolonged time composing the photograph and permits use of photography equipment such as tripods, reflectors, small props, etc.
Personal use photography could include small props, posed subjects, or special attire and be used for family photos, milestone events such as birthdays, graduations, baptism, bridal/engagement, or celebration announcements, etc.
A personal photography session is not for inclusion in published or print media, digital media, boutiques (online or storefront), catalog, model portfolio, commercial, motion picture, music video or student projects, etc.
Reservations are not required but we do recommend calling in advance to check for early closures, private events or other special events that may limit access – 801-768-2300.
Photography Session Photo Passes are required for each Thanksgiving Point venue separately, and cannot be used at multiple venues. The Water Tower Reception Gardens are treated as an individual location.
Does not include admission to any Thanksgiving Point venue.
$50 up to 2 hours without Thanksgiving Point Membership
$40 up to 2 hours with a Thanksgiving Point Membership
COMMERCIAL, PROMOTIONAL OR BUSINESS USE SESSION
Commercial, Promotional or Business use photography would include any photography/videography intended to sell, market or advertise any product or service using multi-media platform, TV commercial, or for inclusion in published or print media, digital media, boutiques (online or storefront), catalog, model portfolio, commercial, motion picture, music video, student projects, etc. Thanksgiving Point reserves the right to determine if the scope of the project constitutes commercial or business use.
Reservations and approval are required at least 3 weeks in advance. Thanksgiving Point requires a fee for all commercial filming or photography on property. An application may be filled out online using the link below. Groups without a reservation and approval will be denied access.
- Areas may be closed for private events or repairs with or without notice. Please call in advance to assure best access. Staff may be able to suggest alternatives if an area is closed.
- Sessions must end before the venue closes for the day or at dusk for sessions outside a venue. Late fees apply for sessions that do not end on time.
- Sessions inside a venue must begin a minimum of 1.5 hours before closing.
- Drones are not permitted anywhere on Thanksgiving Point property.
- No pets are allowed. We gladly welcome ADA service animals.
- Golf carts, wheelchairs or scooters are available to rent at the Ashton Gardens Visitor Center for sessions inside the Ashton Gardens and are not included with a photography session.
- Clients/models must be fully and appropriately clothed. No lingerie, swimsuits or inappropriate costumes.
- Tripods, gear and guests must always stay on paths or grassy areas and not stand or walk through dirt, mulch and flowerbeds or water features. No climbing in trees, on statues, walls, fences or railings.
- Props should be kept small and in good taste. Props should not create a distraction to other guests nor cause damage to our property. We suggest no more than one person could reasonably carry in and out of the property.
- We do not allow guests to post signs, stake anything into the ground, hang lights or other decorations or to block any area from others who may be visiting.
- Property may not be moved or disturbed. This includes but is not limited to picking/cutting plant material, moving benches, displays etc.
- Thanksgiving Point assumes no liability for lost, stolen or damaged items, equipment or belongings.
- Participants should check in with Guest Service staff. Once paperwork and payment are confirmed you will be issued a photography pass. Photography passes must be clearly displayed/worn at all times.
- Groups found violating our photography policies will be asked to end their session and to leave the property.
- No refunds or discounts will be given for late arrival, weather, inability to access any area(s), or for any other reason.
- Fees directly support the mission of Thanksgiving Point in developing and maintaining property and plant collections for display, education, research, conservation and guest enjoyment.