Are you looking for a trick and a treat? Look no further than Spooktober at Thanksgiving Point! Throughout October, each venue will host family-friendly frights for all ages. Themed activities, programs, and events are sure to get you in the Halloween spirit. With scares, shocks, and creepy crawlies all around, this Spooktober will be one for the books, only at Thanksgiving Point!
Frights Included With Admission
Creatures of the Night
The creepy crawlies are taking over the Butterfly Biosphere! Conquer your fear of insects during this fun evening event. With tons of opportunities to interact with real, live insects, you’re sure to get the scoop on some of Halloween’s most famous creatures.
- Cockroach Races: Cheer for your favorite speedy roach and stick around for a chance to hold one! Races occur every 30 minutes.
- Blacklight Cart: Want to see a scorpion light up? Check out the Blacklight Cart and learn all about these striking beauties from our friendly entomologists.
- Arachnid Cart: Arachnids have long inspired spooky Halloween decorations with their clinging webs, numerous legs, and nocturnal habits. Learn more about them from our team as they show you that they’re really not that scary.
- Critter Crafts: Use paper crafts to create critter-themed masks and make wings for paper beetles to see how far they glide!
October 6, 20, and 27
Mystery Nights at the Biosphere are fun ways to learn more about invertebrates using mystery story narratives, small games, and opportunities to speak with entomologists and Explorers. Special activity stations and carts will feature highlighted invertebrates each night. Each mystery will be a little different, so reserve tickets to all of them and learn all about our invertebrates!
October 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30
10 am – 2 pm
Bring the youngins to the farm for a Barnyard Boo! Perfect for toddlers and small kids, Barnyard Boo will feature kid-friendly games, storytimes, singing and dancing, self-guided play, and yard games. Don’t forget to dress up! The farm animals will be wearing costumes and we hope you do too!
- Milling Wheat: Get your hands on the mortar and pestle and grind wheat down to flour to learn more about where your food comes from!
- Scientific Observation Table: Feel like a scientist as you check out feathers, plants, animal furs, seeds, and more under the microscope.
- Yard Games: Enjoy some friendly competition with tic-tac-toe, cornhole, connect four, and even a straw maze for toddlers!
- Ghost Hunt: Ghosts will be hidden throughout the farm – see if you can find them all!
Dinos After Dark
Tuesdays and Thursdays in October
Dinos After Dark is back, but spookier than ever! Enjoy fascinating weekly topics, spooky storytimes, glow dance parties, dinosaur costumes, and more at this fun evening event. Every guest will receive a ticket for the super cool prize chute, so wear your costume and head over to the Museum of Ancient Life on Tuesdays and Thursdays this month! Please, no masks, weapons, or blood on costumes.
- Beasts: October 3 and 5
- Carnivores: October 10 and 12
- Myths & Legends: October 17 and 19
- Bones: October 24 and 26
Solar Eclipse Viewing
Saturday, October 14
On Saturday morning, an annular solar eclipse will cross North America and will be viewable right here in your backyard! Participate in celestial activities that will make this an unforgettable learning experience. Put on your solar eclipse sunglasses* and watch the moon cover the sun for a few historic minutes.
*Glasses not provided
Spookopolis trick or treating
Monday, October 30
Happy Halloween! Head to the Museum of Natural Curiosity as Kidopolis is transformed into Spookopolis. Tricks and treats will abound for those daring enough to be found. But be careful, the Curiosity Monsters might lead you awry! Those in costume will receive a free ride on The Carousel.
9 am – 6 pm
Head over to the Ashton Gardens for the popular Scarecrow Festival! Enjoy the beautiful autumnal colors in the 50-acre gardens surrounded by dozens of imaginative scarecrows built and submitted by members of the community. Visit on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday to enjoy activities, vendors, and food!
Dance ’til you drop at Boogie night
It’s time to put the “boo” back in “boogie!” Thanksgiving Point’s first-ever Halloween evening dance is going to be a night of hauntingly good fun. With tarot card readings, palm readings, face painting, henna, mocktails, and more, you’ll monster mash with your friends during this adults-only dance. Costumes encouraged!
Enjoy a delicious breakfast, fall activities, and more at Witches Breakfast! This is the perfect way to celebrate the spooky season with the whole family. You may even recognize some magical faces at Witches Breakfast… but that may just be a bunch of hocus pocus.
Enjoy a perfect fall run with the whole family while checking out creative scarecrows made by members of the community! Be prepared for some jump scares from the live scarecrows hidden in the Gardens.