Five Fun Dinosaur Facts About the Ankylosaurus
- Ankylosaurus was as large as a military tank and weighed about 10,000 pounds.
- It measured at 30 feet long but had short legs that made it walk about the speed of a human (3 mph).
- It’s known for its tough outer armor, fit with bony plates and spikes to defend against predators.
- The club-like tail of the Ankylosaurus was used to stun predators.
- The Ankylosaurus has been found on every continent except Africa.
Travel back in time to the land of the dinosaurs! Dinosaur Island at Ashton Gardens is a one-of-a-kind experience that will transport you to a world of prehistoric wonder. From the towering Tyrannosaurus Rex to the horned Triceratops, you’ll see it all at Dinosaur Island. You’ll also enjoy special daily programs, a Dino Dash 5K, outdoor movies, and more throughout the summer. With its blend of entertainment and education, Dinosaur Island is a must-see attraction for anyone with an interest in adventure, dinosaurs, or natural history.