Five Fun Dinosaur Facts About the Deinosuchus
- “Deinosuchus” translates to “terrible crocodile.”
- The Deinosuchus measured at 35 feet long and weighed over 8,000 pounds.
- It hunted best in the water, ambushing prey like turtles, fish, and even small dinosaurs.
- It had huge, sharp teeth, with recent studies even claiming they were as big as bananas.
- While it could walk on land, it was very slow and cumbersome, making it more vulnerable to predators.
Travel back in time to the land of the dinosaurs! Dinosaur Island at Ashton Gardens is a one-of-a-kind experience that will transport you to a world of prehistoric wonder. From the towering Tyrannosaurus Rex to the horned Triceratops, you’ll see it all at Dinosaur Island. You’ll also enjoy special daily programs, a Dino Dash 5K, outdoor movies, and more throughout the summer. With its blend of entertainment and education, Dinosaur Island is a must-see attraction for anyone with an interest in adventure, dinosaurs, or natural history.