Five Fun Dinosaur Facts About the Quetzalcoatlus
- The Quetzalcoatlus is one of the largest flying animals of all time.
- It had a wingspan of up to 39 feet long – about six times the size of an American Bald Eagle.
- It’s unique system of air sacs helped it soar through the sky at amazing speeds.
- It likely feasted on small or baby dinosaurs, swooping down and snapping them up in its giant, toothless jaws.
- It weighed 550 pounds, more than 20 times as heavy as today’s heaviest birds.
Travel back in time to the land of the dinosaurs! Dinosaur Island at Ashton Gardens is a one-of-a-kind experience that will transport you to a world of prehistoric wonder. From the towering Tyrannosaurus Rex to the horned Triceratops, you’ll see it all at Dinosaur Island. You’ll also enjoy special daily programs, a Dino Dash 5K, outdoor movies, and more throughout the summer. With its blend of entertainment and education, Dinosaur Island is a must-see attraction for anyone with an interest in adventure, dinosaurs, or natural history.