Five Fun Dinosaur Facts About the Styracosaurus
- “Styracosaurus” translates to “spiked lizard,” in reference to its horned, frilled face.
- It weighed close to three tons and was about 18 feet long.
- It likely traveled in herds, meaning that the horns may have been used for attracting mates.
- It feasted on Late Cretaceous palms, ferns, and cycads.
- The Styracosaurus was discovered in Alberta, Canada in 1913.
Travel back in time to the land of the dinosaurs! Dinosaur Island at Ashton Gardens is a one-of-a-kind experience that will transport you to a world of prehistoric wonder. From the towering Tyrannosaurus Rex to the horned Triceratops, you’ll see it all at Dinosaur Island. You’ll also enjoy special daily programs, a Dino Dash 5K, outdoor movies, and more throughout the summer. With its blend of entertainment and education, Dinosaur Island is a must-see attraction for anyone with an interest in adventure, dinosaurs, or natural history.