2022 Scarecrow Festival Submissions are Now Closed.
We invite you to participate in the Scarecrow Festival at the Ashton Gardens. Anyone can register! Families, community groups, businesses, schools, and individuals are all welcome to participate. Entering your scarecrow into the festival is free. 4 Complimentary Scarecrow Festival Admission Passes are included with the submission of a scarecrow. The festival is included with regular Gardens admission. Garden admission/Scarecrow Festival is free for Thanksgiving Point Members.
Only new scarecrows are eligible for prize entry. Scarecrow Judging will take place during the event and announced post-event. For a complete list of prizes visit the main event page.
Location: Ashton Gardens, 3900 N. Garden Drive, Lehi, Utah 84043.
Registration Deadline: October 6, 2022, 6 pm. No Scarecrows will be accepted after this time.
Scarecrow Drop Off: Saturday, October 8 from 10 am-6 pm (MORE DETAILS TO COME VIA EMAIL)
Event: Monday, October 10 through Saturday, October 15, 2021, 10 am – 6 pm each day.
Scarecrow Pick-Up: Monday, October 17, 2021, 9am-5pm
SCARECROW DROP-OFF is SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8th
Scarecrow Regulations & Agreement
- Build your scarecrow to be freestanding; easily carried by two people and weigh less than 100 lbs. Scarecrows should be homemade and at least 36 inches tall. Scarecrows will be dropped off in front of the Ashton Gardens Visitors center where our Gardens Staff will be setting up your scarecrow. Thanksgiving Point will provide stakes that have been placed in pre-selected locations. Your scarecrow should be ready to go at the drop off so our staff can mount it with no problems. Please remember you will not be able to set your scarecrow up at its location – our staff will do that for you. If you have further questions about this, please contact Signature Experiences.
- Family Friendly Entries: Thanksgiving Point is a place for family-fun entertainment. Entries in poor taste for family viewing or depicting controversial subjects will not be accepted.
- Clean up: Cleanup will commence following the event on Monday the 18. Thanksgiving Point is not responsible for anything left in the Gardens past Monday night. Please bring your own garbage bags.
- Trash and Recycling: Please take everything home with you, including any large platforms, branches, supplies, etc. We encourage you to recycle usable art materials whenever possible.
- Admission: You may use your 4 complimentary admission passes during the festival, but please remember these are one-time use passes. For multiple days, please plan to purchase admission to view your scarecrow during the festival.
- Questions: All concerns and questions can be directed to our Signature Experiences team at (801) 768-4931 or by email at SigExperiences@ThanksgivingPoint.org.
Your scarecrow is your responsibility. Though we anticipate guests will respect the scarecrow, Thanksgiving Point is not responsible for any personal items that may be lost, stolen, or damaged during the event. Thanksgiving Point is not responsible for lost or damaged scarecrow items.
Scarecrow Festival is a unique and transformative community event, and we are grateful for your collaboration and creativity. We thank you in advance for following these rules to ensure the success and sustainability of the event!